Sunday, October 7, 2012

Vince Taylor's Brand New Cadillac

Sorry about not posting the other two Cruisin' solos.  I will get those up at some point but haven't had time to tab them out.  In the interim I thought I would post a tab of Vince Taylor's Brand New Cadillac.  This is a rare rockabilly track in a minor key.  As most of you probably know the Clash did a terrific version of this on the London Calling album and this has also been covered by the Brian Setzer Orchestra.  Thanks to Mark Barling who has written a great rockabilly tab book for some input and help into the solo.   Check out his book it has some great Johnny Burnett and Cliff Gallup tabs.

http://rockabillyguitarsolos.yolasite.com/








2 comments:

  1. Vince Taylor's original version of "Brand New Cadillac," complete with transcription of the guitar part, including the solo. This is a great blog and I look forward to seeing it grow (-which means, I will have a lot more licks under my belt!)

    ReplyDelete