Saturday, August 25, 2012

I'm Left, Your Right, She's Gone solo

Scotty Moore and Cliff Gallup are in my opinion the 2 quintessential Rockabilly guitarists and probably about  75% of the classic rockabilly licks comes from them.  Here is my interpretation of the solo from "I'm Right, You're Left, She's Gone."  I'm pretty sure Scotty Moore plays the opening triads higher up on the neck, mainly on the B, G, and D strings  but I like to play them mainly on the E, B and G strings.  Either way they are the same notes and you can transpose them up the neck if you wish.

This solo combines classic Scotty Moore triads, Banjo roll picking, and Scotty's patented Travis style picking and some twang at the very end.   The descending lick at the end is great to throw over the V (B) when you are playing in E, which in Rockabilly is quite often.

Hopefully I'll post the majority of the rest of this song over the next several months.



No comments:

Post a Comment